Donnerstag, 12. Juli 2007

Old love, new love - everything but true love

…sang der Klavierpianist des bis jetzt 2. Klavierkonzertes dem ich (innerhalb einer Woche) beiwohnte. Und zwar freiwillig. Auch wenn ich (aufgrund eines geschäftigen Arbeitstages) gegen Ende vorrangig den Wunsch nach einer Dusche verspürte... Aber beginnen wir von vorne:

I am sorry for the interruption of my reports, but Monday has not been very interesting at all and Tuesday and Wednesday had been a bit busy. So I am going to give a short summary about what happened in the meantime:

Monday, 9. July 2007
I did not sleep very well that night (nightmares about a burning flat) and honestly would have preferred to stay at home the first hours. At the Goethe Institute there was not too much to do at all (means: quite nothing) till we went to the Alliance Francaise where we had a meeting with the director cause of a future programme we are going to work together. In connection to that I heard about interesting incidents: Ethiopian circus groups going to the Netherlands and Germany, suddenly disappeared over night there and were never seen again… without identity-documents as the director (who did not disappear) kept the passports with him. After this happened 2 times, the embassies are not going to give visa to such groups for performances abroad anymore.
Back in the institute I reflected my life again, went for lunch and reflected my life again… till time was up, Elias came and we went for a coffee before I went home.

Tuesday, 10. July 2007
An interesting day. Not really a working day, but I got a lot of input: Some reports about Cinema Africaine, the Film Festival of Ouagadougou (FESPACO) and the initiators, participating countries (yes, also geographical input!), films,…
Of course this was not “just for fun” but for another project where we are going to organize movie-days and this was my preparation to have a clue about the backgrounds.
Oh, yes something I did: I sent the invitation mail for this to Addis’ filmpeople who are the target group to participate.
Moreover the “millennium-guy” (Ethiopia is going to celebrate its millennium year 2000 in September) from the municipality phoned and suddenly also came to talk to me. As Mr. Engelhard as well as Tenagne was not here, I had to arrange that. The guy more or less wanted the Goethe Institute to outsource me a little to their millenniums-event organisation to help them with my “special know-how” (which I actually do not have) about how the millennium was celebrated in Austria (I had been 15 that year and was not involved in any organisation!!!). And what does he have in mind??? Well… some kind of spectacle as there was for the Opening of the Olympic Games in Athens 2005 (??? If I got it right ???)…Ooooh…sure Sir, no problem!!! There are just 2 months remaining… And his ideas are more than vague… Dream well! (sorry if this sounds a little impolite but the imaginations are utopia…).
Evening-programme: Lecture “Ethnical clashes on the campus: what are the roots?” very interesting topic about the conflict situation of the multi-ethnical University of Addis Ababa. I was surprised as the moderator turned out to be the nice American Philosophy-Professor I got known to in the photo-exhibition and the Cafeteria where we lunched together sometimes.

Wednesday, 11. July 2007
Great day! Great work! A meeting in the morning where we reflected the lecture of the last evening (which was quite good!).
A trip with Mr. Engelhardt cross the city to pay his TV-bill and another meeting with GTZ and AEEG members for another project we are going to work on together: organization of lecture-series. The lunch I took together with the American couple again. When I entered the cantina, I was so terribly hungry that they offered my their bread, which I consumed before getting my spaghetti (never can get enough of them), coke and double macchiato.
Feeling strong again I started typing the protocol of the meeting to send it to Mrs. Tenagne.
Another task was to arrange the format of the invitation-cards with the text to be on it and read an article for another (maybe) future project, Deutsche Welle suggested to initiate about religion and sects in Ethiopia.
As there was the piano concert in the evening and I had 1h left, I went to Arat Kilo, sent 2 letters (which maybe never reach the addressees), bought some postcards (now everyone I promised gets his/her card) which should reach you within the next week...

Keine Kommentare: